About the Virtual Career Fair
Counseling Foundations: Your Path to Career Success is an annual career fair that aims to connect employers, recent graduates from master’s and doctoral counseling programs, and seasoned counseling professionals nationwide in a virtual setting to explore current and future staffing opportunities. Through its affiliation with the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Foundation is connected to over 70,000 counselors, practitioners, and counseling students and utilizes this career fair to introduce those talented individuals to employers seeking to expand their organizations’ talent pipelines.
True to the Foundation’s mission of providing equitable and accessible mental health services to those in need and NBCC’s mission of advancing the profession of counseling, this event is especially devoted to providing hiring and marketing opportunities for counselors and employers committed to serving traditionally underserved and never-served communities. Among the highly qualified and enthusiastic job seekers who atttend the career fair are many former and current members of the NBCC Foundation’s Minority Fellowship Program—counseling professionals who have engaged in education and professional development specifically designed to prepare them to work with the communities most in need of mental health services.
Counseling Foundations: Your Path to Career Success offers a unique and affordable way for job seekers and employers from diverse cultural backgrounds and geographical locations to connect and create partnerships intended to increase access and promote mental health equity across the United States.
- Enhance your interviewing skills
- Build your professional network
- Gain access to on-demand professional development webinars to help you prepare
- Share your résumé when you register so employers can seek you out
- Engage in easy one-on-one text and video chats with participating employers
The career fair is always FREE for job seekers to attend!
Employer and Sponsor Packages
Employer registration is now closed. Please email CareerFair@nbcc.org with questions.
- Recruit and hire talented counselors from across the country
- Save time, reduce expenses, and fulfill recruitment needs safely and virtually
- Fill open counseling positions at clinics, hospitals, nonprofits, and universities
- Interview and connect one-on-one with diverse counseling professionals
- Gain extra marketing abilities and recognition through a sponsorship package
- Review résumés in advance and schedule chats with specific candidates
Past Employers Have Been:
- Universities hiring counselor educators
- Nonprofit and for-profit clinical practices
- State and county behavioral health services departments
- School districts
Thanks to our 2023 sponsors!
The 2023 virtual career fair will be held on March 9, 2023, 11 am to 5 pm EST.
Questions? Email CareerFair@nbcc.org.
About NBCC and NBCCF
The NBCC Foundation (NBCCF) is one of the affiliates of the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), a not-for-profit, independent certification organization whose primary mission is to advance the profession of counseling, in large part through the administration of national certification for counselors. As part of that mission, NBCCF leverages the resources of NBCC for capacity building, the expansion of access to mental health services in underserved and never-served communities, and the development of high-quality professional development resources for counselors and counselors-in-training.